Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Orleans





I am just back from a long weekend in New Orleans for a wedding (beautiful btw K and M!) I was lucky enough to tend bar for bit at the rehearsal dinner with my main man Dominic Venegas, then spent the rest of the night on the street in front of the Absinthe House, home of the most beautiful absinthe fountain I have ever seen (you the know, the kind so pretty that you forget to take a pic of it.)
We went looking for the legendary Chris McMillian at The Library Bar at the Ritz-Carlton, only to find out that the room had been turned to a members club for cigar smoking. I couldn't help but find it odd that they felt the need to create a space like that in a town where you can smoke in the Hospital if you feel like it. Here is a video of what we missed.

No comments: