Wednesday, October 08, 2008

High-Tech in DC



I found this video on Washingtonian.com in a piece morning the passing of an underground cocktail event called Hummingbird to Mars (here is where the name came from..not bad). While I personally have found that sous vide is unnecessary for infusing alcohol unless you are super pressed for time, I respect those that are into reaching out for new techniques. This may not be the most informative video out there, but I enjoyed it am taking a few ideas from it.

1 comment:

justin guthrie said...

thanks for the link. I was asked to do the video on this particular cocktail; however if you look in the beginning of the video you'll see a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and Dry Vermouth that I sous vide green apples into. If time permitted I was going to do a demo on those as well. I really wanted to demonstrate the range and capability of this technique, which is not only good in a pinch but also good for extracting flavors from ingredients that otherwise impart little during infusion.