Thursday, August 06, 2009

SFChefs.Food.Wine or What 4 Gallons of Shrub Looks Like

San Francisco is throwing quite a party this weekend and I am tending bar 2 or the 3 nights. I figured since I have been evangelizing the beauty of Shrub so much recently (the house the vinegar built?) that I had to bring some sweet, sweet burn.

What you are looking at is what happens when the forces of nature get busy with:
2 flats of beautiful Strawberries from Capay (I mean friggen BEAUTIFUL)
5 pounds of evaporated cane sugar
1 pound rapadura sugar (funky!)
2 gallons cider vinegar
black pepper
white pepper
cloves
Jamaican Sarsaparilla
ginger
salt

1 comment:

frederic said...

Wow... impressive!

Made a lot smaller of a batch last week of blueberry:
http://cocktailvirgin.blogspot.com/2009/08/blueberry-shrub.html

Curious to know what cocktail recipes you use it in!